A Shift Engineer (Electrician) with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will support the Chief Engineer with general maintenance work, to maintain proper conditions of tools, equipment, and working areas throughout the hotel.
Our unique location offers our guests two hotels from the Hilton brand to choose from: Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa and DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown and all of our Team Members get to work across both brands
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In this role, you will ensure an exceptional operational experience throughout the hotel. Specifically, you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Perform day-to-day general maintenance duties within the hotel
· Assemble and install electrical wiring, fixtures, and equipment
· Install audio/visual equipment in Guest rooms or function rooms along with microphone and lighting systems in function rooms, as requested
· Respond promptly and efficiently to emergency calls
· Conduct inspection tours to ensure that electrical equipment and lighting is working properly
· Complete the preventative maintenance schedule and incident reports
· Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas to proper condition
· Tag electrical items and maintain a register, if required
· Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with Guests
Ideal candidate profile
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
· NZ recognized trade qualification required
· New Zealand Citizenship or Residency required
· Previous electrical experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar varied work environment such as ships, hospitals, or retail businesses
· Current knowledge of general maintenance, engineering work, and Guest room repairs
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
· Strong work ethic
· A passion for managing a variety of projects and tasks throughout the day
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more:
· Competitive benefits such as daily dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant
· Member of the Hilton GO program giving you access to discounted room and F&B rates worldwide
· Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3,500 learning programs
· Participate in ongoing recognition programs
· Leadership training and development and worldwide career opportunities