An Auditor will fully support the Accounts function within the Finance department through the development and processing of accurate reports and account management.
What will I be doing?
As Auditor, you will fully support the Accounts function within the Finance department through the development and processes of accurate reports and account management. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Ensure that all hotel, regional hotel, company rules, local and international laws, SOX, GPI’s, SOP’s and regulations are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
· Completes a daily tasks for sole hotel/multiple hotels to ensure compliance and completion of all tasks by using best practice and standarlized procedure for all centralized hotels.
· Attends meetings to promote communication with Hotels teams, Corporate Office and all other key stakeholders.
· Is sufficiently present in operations, monitoring and interacting with the team and Hotel team on a daily basis.
· Creates and maintains UDA’s (User Developed Applications - Excel) and ensures automation and integrity of formulas at all times
· Prepares Journal entries, ensuring accuracy and clarity in the General Ledger is available for all entries while keeping in compliance with Hilton Chart of Accounts, Hilton Chart of Accounts and Balance Sheet dictionary, Uniform System of Accounts for Lodging Industry (latest edition) and Regional Standards
· Prepares Balance Sheet Account reconciliation, ensuring that accounts are reflected accurately and with source back up (OnQ, Micros, PDF’s,…). UDA’s (Excel) worksheets are to be avoided as much as possible.
· Maximizes productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the departmental goals of the business.
· In the absence of the direct superior, ensures the smooth operation of the Shared Service Centre and all assigned policies and procedures are followed.
· Focuses on own development of “Creativity” and “Out of the Box thinking” and contributions to the overall departmental progression through well defined ideas to drive change and increase efficiency and team satisfaction.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ensures training and knowledge of revenue structures and compliance at all level, engaging with other staffs as well as management
· Actively supports and manages superior, colleagues and direct reports, enures team queries and issues are addressed timely and appropriately with a positive outcome.
· Identifies own and direct reports training needs and develops training plans to ensure continuous development of assigned area and related sections. Minimise skill gaps and follows up monthly to ensure such plans are followed.
· Ensures PDR’s, PDP’s, Induction Plans and x-trainings are completed timely and in a satisfactory manner.
· Contributes, provides supports and communicates updates to the GTMS action plan. Reflects a supportive and welcoming athmosphere within own and to other departments at all times. Considers the need of others while maintaining compliance to hotel procedures