A Server at Potters Lounge at the Palmer House is responsible for taking orders, and the delivery of food and beverage in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in high level of guest satisfaction in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
A Server at Potters Lounge is responsible for taking orders, and the delivery of food and beverage in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in high level of guest satisfaction in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness. Set up dining tables following all table setting guidelines and procedures. General maintenance of stocking stations with necessary items including polished glassware, dishware, and tableware.
· Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner. Explain all menu items, any specials and/or restaurant promotions, inclusive of proper following of sequence of service standards.
· Write the details of the guest order, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy. Input the order properly into the P.O.S. system and inform the kitchen of any particulars of the order.
· When complete, retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
· Replenish beverages and clear dishes as necessary. Check with guests for overall satisfaction.
· Knowledgeable of all wines/beers/alcohol offered by the restaurant. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to servicing alcoholic beverages to minor and intoxicated guests.
· Retrieve various forms of payment from guests, make change when needed. Verify validity of charges, record charges and ensure vouchers are properly executed in order to balance all money.
· Keep service stations clean and organized inclusive of breaking down all dishes in proper tubs and removing trash. Complete all necessary closing paperwork and all side work duties.