The Cloud Contact Center Engineer’s goal is to enable Hilton’s Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) customer-engagement hub strategy will be responsible for the architecture, design, and operational support of customer interaction applications and infrastructure globally for inbound contact centers. This will encompass ACD platforms and services, contact routing, automation and CTI; click-2-call; click-2-chat; mobile application functionality that facilitates telephony, email or chat customer interactions; self-service (help) pages; and virtual assistants. In contradistinction with a network engineer, this position will focus on customer interaction applications that will often leverage WAN/LAN services provided by and requiring heavy involvement from the Network Engineering team.
What will I be doing?
Utilizing an in-depth engineering knowledge of contact center technology and an understanding of Hilton’s Reservations and Customer Care (HRCC) business challenges and opportunities, the Cloud Contact Center Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of solutions that exceed customer expectations in terms of functionality, cost of ownership and implementation timeline.
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible for:
· Analyzing business needs and recommending solutions that enable HRCC’s customer-engagement hub strategy
· Supporting the department mission of serving as a trusted adviser to HRCC leadership on customer interaction services, the value delivery chain and the data generated and consumed by those services
· Following Hilton project management standards and working through internal and external resources, to deliver successful projects on time and within budget
· Maintaining current technical knowledge of the contact center landscape in order to drive the implementation of innovative applications and services that facilitate human or automated interactions with a customer
· Providing end-to-end service management oversight of customer interaction technology
· Harvesting data from customer interaction applications to deliver personalized services to customers through CTI, automation and self-help
· Leading the transformation of Hilton's customer interactions technology from a premise-based Hilton managed infrastructure model to an API-led cloud and SaaS model; rationalizing legacy systems and reducing overall cost envelope of legacy servers, data centers and computer rooms
· Coordinating with the Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Global Information Security teams for new and in-service systems to optimize and integrate such systems within the global network, telephony, and systems environment, following Hilton standards and high-level IT goals and objectives and resolving support issues
· Working closely with the Product and Delivery teams and SaaS providers on applications or services that provide or integrate with customer interaction services to deploy, integrate, instrument, optimize and monitor performance, as well as support new HRCC initiatives within an end-to-end services framework
· Serving as subject matter expert for the integration of customer interaction services and the data and events that flow between these systems and other services within the Hilton ecosystem
· Demonstrated experience with key telephony and telecommunications tools and technologies (VOIP, WAN/LAN technologies, WebRTC, SBC, SIP, VoiceXML, Wireshark)
· Proven track record of successful architecture, design and building of contact center applications, including but not limited to, ACD (Avaya), IVR, CTI, call recording, speech and text analytics, and workforce management
· Must be able to work with people at all levels of the organization and have excellent communication skills, oral and written
· Proven ability to solve problems and apply critical thinking skills, interpret inputs and make sound decisions
· Comfortable working in a fast paced and ever changing environment with often-ambiguous business requirements and multiple competing priorities
· Proficiency with SQL for reporting and ETL