Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Financial Analyst for Corporate Revenue, you will perform detailed analysis, reporting for Sr. HAFS leadership, along with journal entry preparation and other month end close responsibilities. In addition, you will build positive partnerships with the Managers of Order to Cash (OTC), team members in Record to Report (RTR) and Consolidations & Reporting. The team will lean on your attention to detail and business insight while applying current accounting policies to analyze large amounts of financial data and use your ability to compile meaningful results that can be used for timely decision making. You will use these skills daily to solve problems, provide solutions, and develop repeatable processes and reporting while meeting deadlines.
· Complete month end accounting close including preparing journal entries, intercompany balancing, and creating queries, Hyperion or nVision reports for analyzing data.
· In coordination with International OTC team, develop and distribute EC global receivable reporting on Franchise and Managed Hotels.
· Support analysis and tracking related to new revenue recognition standard.
· Support analysis and tracking related to COVID-19 related promissory notes.
· Support customers and provide input with online payment portal setup and problem-solving as well as serving as liaison with banks and IT to ensure the payment portal is accurate and meeting customer needs.
· Partner with auditors (internal and external) and internal departments to resolve issues identified while analyzing data and to respond to information requests.
· Document all evidence required to comply with SOX controls that apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
· Collaborate with manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project/department goals.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning, to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
· Excellent interpersonal communication to positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent comprehension skills
· Self-starter mentality with the ability to operate with a cool head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
· Proven experience exceeding in meeting deadlines, presenting results, and recommending improvements
· Flexible with the ability to handle ambiguity well
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Five (5) years of professional accounting or finance experience
· Three (3) years of work experience at the Senior Analyst level applying the principles and practical application of GAAP
· Intermediate to advanced Excel experience
· Financial reporting and analysis experience for an enterprise corporate environment
· Proficiency with PowerPoint to create decks and to visualize information into tables and charts
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
· Experience with Microsoft Access and developing databases for practical use
· Experience with PeopleSoft and Hyperion Financial Management
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.