A Security Officer patrols, monitors, and observes security procedures to ensure a safe Guest and Team Member experience and managing instances of undesirable behaviour.
What will I be doing?
As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling entrances, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a safe Guest and Team Member experience. A Security Officer will also be required to investigate theft and support evacuation procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Respond promptly to security issues including Emergency calls
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with Guests.
· Perform regular patrols in our retail precinct including static guard duties.
· Front Door duties provide a welcoming environment for Guests and provide information about the hotel including directions & monitor and control entrances
· Conduct regular searches of bags, etc. carried by members of staff and report discrepancies or violations immediately
· Control the Goods pass out procedure for any items purchased, loaned, or otherwise legitimately obtained
· Maintain system that monitors contractors working in the hotel in accordance with company health and safety policies
· Responsible for checking goods received out of hours
· Maintain system that records the issue and receipt of departmental keys
· Operate, check and monitor the CCTV system
· Patrol the hotel on a regular basis ensuring fire walks take place and are recorded
· Maintain the Security Log Book and Incident Reports
· Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations
· Liaise with Police in the absence of Manager
· Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty