Description de l'offre
A Receiving Clerk will manage the goods and deliveries moving in and out of the hotel and will ensure that these deliveries reach the appropriate destinations and logged according to the company's purchasing and procurement standards.
What will I be doing?
As Receiving Clerk, you will accept and control all incoming deliveries, maintaining an optimal goods inventory, correct storage and issue of goods. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Acceptance and close control of all incoming goods in respect of volume and quantity
· Enter all internal goods movements into the computer system daily
· Carry out monthly inventories with Controlling; ensure orderliness and cleanliness in her/his area of responsibility
· Responsible for acceptance and rough checks on all items entering the hotel by volume and quality
· Issue immediate complaints
· Ensure that all articles reach their place of destination immediately
· Ensure orderly acceptance and passing on of events material and its return from the ramp
· Loan and empties return from the warehouse carried out independently
· Ensure tidiness and cleanliness in her/his area of responsibility
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school education preferred.
Prior Food and Beverage purchasing experience required. Prior inventory experience required. Previous warehouse or receiving experience preferred. Basic Computer Knowledge and Experience (Microsoft Word & Excel) Required.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. Example: Multnomah County Health Card Permit; Oregon Liquor Service Permit.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Use of ladders for issuing and storing is required
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Knowledge of the appropriate stock levels for any given item kept in inventory and the amount of time the item will be fresh.
· Basic mathematical skills necessary to track and receive specific volumes of deliveries.
· Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to complete forms and inventories, read billings and invoices, and communicate with co-workers and purveyors.
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs, and push/pull goods on a hand cart/truck, weighing a maximum of 500 lbs. Goods must be moved one or more items at a time, depending upon size and weight, at a continuous schedule.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!