A Purchasing Officer will supervise the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel in adherence to policy and with cost reduction and profitability in mind.
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing Officer, you will supervise the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel in adherence to policy and with cost reduction and profitability in mind. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist the Purchasing Manager with the purchasing of all goods and equipment required by the hotel
· Supervise the purchase of correct goods and materials at a competitive price and proper quantities/volumes
· Assist the Purchasing Manager with regularly report on goods purchased and inventory levels so to allow for more effective future purchasing
· Report all monthly savings to the hotel Team
· Work with hotel management to improve the purchasing process as a way to reduce waste and improve profitability
· Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
· Attend finance meetings, as required
· Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
· Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner