A Payroll ensures that all payroll processes are handle with extreme confidentiality and protection of the team members' information. Processes hours and payroll for all exempt and non-exempt team members. Reviews the accuracy of payroll and deductions, reporting all discrepancies to supervisor. Prepares payroll reports, conducts annual record retention procedures, assists in processing quarterly, year-end closings (Disability, W-2's). Processes tips and gratuities.
What will I be doing?
A Payroll will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Use the corresponding information systems to complete payroll responsibilities
· Ensure the accuracy with the input of hours to payroll system
· Maintain all payroll related records for the use of accounting
· Ensure team members queries are resolved on a timely basis
· Input month end payroll and overtime accruals
· Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment and workers compensation payments.
· Complete the month end process, as it relates to payroll costs, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled
· Submit all necessary reports for manager's approval and maintain general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
· Ensure payroll processing and month end reports are timely and accurate
· Monitor actual hours and prepare different reports, as requested by division Manager
· Build a strong relationship with the Human Resources Department to ensure the accurate input of salary
· Work with Finance Manager and IT Manager to deliver system and process improvements to enhance Payroll function efficiency
· Gather all required payroll data, including timekeeping records, W-2 forms, benefits information, direct deposit forms and tax filing documents. They must regularly update this data, and have to track down any missing timesheets in a timely manner and resolve any issues with timesheets and other payroll data
· Maintain all necessary data and reports available for payroll and accounting audits
· Assist with additional support as needed in the department
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
In addition, we are looking for the following knowledge and capabilities:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field, required
· Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations, preferred
· Experience in the hospitality industry, preferred
· Highly proficient in computer skills and technology
· Ability to process formulas and other functions in Microsoft Excel
· Strong clerical, administrative and general office skills
· Previous experience with accounts, Finance and HR
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
· Rigorous commitment to accuracy, detailed calculation and time-management skills
· Protects payroll operations by keeping information private and confidential
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Must be physically able to sit in front of a computer for long hours at a time
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!