Looking to join a culture of excellence as a Kitchen Steward
and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria?
Known locally as “The Caley”, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian is one of Edinburgh's most significant and recognisable landmarks. Standing proudly at the west end of Princes Street, the artery of the capital, its reputation for style and excellence has attracted generations of locals, international visitors and notable personalities for 100 years.
Click on the links to view our hotel video:
What will I be doing?
A Heart of House Cleaner carries out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed
· Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers, and ensuring bin area is kept clean and tidy
· Observe COSHH guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
· Report any maintenance and/or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
What are we looking for?
· Positive attitude
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous kitchen experience in similar role
· Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & wellbeing:
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
Salary - £7.70 - £8.21 per hour - meals on duty & Hilton perks & benefits package (discounted rate to use the gym only for £25/month)
Looking forward welcoming you to our hotel.
Ideal candidate profile