From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
Hilton's Experience Design team works in a human centered design model to create an outstanding journey through every part of a guest's experience — from the time our guests dream of travel, until their stay is complete, and beyond. We believe that design happens in many functions across our organization, and we deliver better experiences to our guests when we're working together to build, test, and learn; focusing on user outcomes in both digital and non-digital spaces.
As an Experience Design Researcher on the Shop/Book and Meeting & Events Teams, you will execute small- to medium- sized qualitative and quantitative studies with customers of our digital products by gathering requirements, planning, designing, creating and launching the studies, and reporting on findings. You will be embedded as part of a multi-functional team focuses on the customer. Feedback provided will aid the business, UX, design, and other teams in creating optimized products.
More specifically, you will:
· Work with your product team to understand needs and requirements.
· Design customer appropriate qualitative and quantitative research study scripts / questionnaires.
· Apply knowledge of research techniques to inform study design, script writing, etc.
· Analyze feedback and summarize findings for the team.
· Work with the rest of the Experience Design team to ensure research findings are shared and incorporated into other initiatives.
· Stay ahead of emerging research technologies and find opportunities.
· Work independently in a fast-paced, agile, distributed environment.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Experience in research, consumer insights, analysis, customer feedback listening tools, preferably within a human centered design or agile environment
· Ability to adapt to changes in study schedule and scope
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
· Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize, show initiative and respond quickly
· Work in a collaborative work environment and be confident seeking input from other team members
· Solid command of PowerPoint and other presentation tools
· Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
· Five (5) years of Customer/Consumer Research experience
· Research moderation/facilitation experience
· Experience designing customer research questionnaires/scripts
· Up to 10% travel required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Seven (7) years of Customer/Consumer Research experience
· Experience with agile methodologies; human centered design model
· Experience with UserTesting.com; Tobii eye tracking; Qualtrics; or similar platforms
· Experience in lean research/validation environment What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!