Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Coordinator, Order To Cash (OTC) Hotel Accounting, you will work with the Team Lead to resolve accounts receivable and guest (transient) disputes. You will identify and process advanced deposits received from Group Catering and Event Sales clients. Your work will also include performing continuous monitoring and tracking of outstanding payments from group master and convention related billings. Your expertise in organization will also lend to your duties in maintaining all files in accordance with Hilton standards.
More specifically, you will:
· Provide research support for Accounts Receivable (AR) or guest (transient) disputes and compile supporting documentation.
· Engage hotel teams to assist with identifying issues, resolving disputes and obtaining client information as needed.
· Engage your Team Lead to figure out if adjustments are required.
· Maintain dispute resolution documentation in accordance with Hilton standards.
· Perform follow-ups periodically based on establishing a collections schedule of outstanding payments.
· Review booking deposit reports to identify groups with advanced deposit requirements. This includes reviewing banking statements to identify and confirm the receipt of advanced deposits as needed.
· Update call logs daily.
· Periodically prepare deposit postings and confirm deposits were posted successfully.
· Support special initiatives as directed by leadership.
· Develop cooperative and positive relationships with other finance and corporate departments.
· Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments.
· Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
· Provide complete and accurate information to guests on every telephone call and email.
· Ensure the privacy and security of confidential information about guests.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic teammates, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
· Critical thinkers, who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Decision makers, who exercise sound judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
· Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent comprehension skills and teamwork
· Self-starters, who take initiative, are comfortable operating with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
· Hospitable professionals, who will go above and beyond to provide extraordinary customer service to every guest, every time
· Motivated teammates, who maintain an upbeat, positive demeanor, especially when interacting with Hilton guests, coworkers and managers
· Ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time and receive inbound calls for the entire shift with exception of assigned break times
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Knowledge of business mathematics, including calculating percentage changes, averages, and weighted averages
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including manipulating basic spreadsheets
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
· One to two (1-2) years of professional working experience
· Call Center experience
· Hospitality background
· Can speak Spanish What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!