This role will commence in January 2021 and is only open to Australian residents or applicants who have full legal rights to work in Australia. Visa sponsorship opportunities are not available.
Luci is your opportunity to make your mark, be innovative, and pay tribute to the Melbourne gastronomic dining scene. The menu that will be designed by the executive chef will draw inspiration from Italian roots to showcase Modern Australian cuisine.
About the role
As Chef de Partie, you will utilise your creative flair and passion for food to help launch Melbourne’s newest leading restaurant, which exceeds diner’s expectations. You will supervise the kitchen team ensuring high levels of food preparation, to create an enticing and engaging delivery of a food concept that sets us apart. This role will involve catering for all meal periods and outlets including The Douglas Bar, Executive Lounge, In Room Dining as well as Events. Specifically your role will involve:
· Ensuring the consistent delivery of quality, well presented dining experiences to our guests
· Working with the kitchen team to ensure exceptional customer service standards ensuring guest enquires are responded to in a timely manner.
· Being a hands on leader and supervising a small team of highly passionate culinary enthusiasts and assist with training team members
· Ensure all food production is compliant with food standards
· Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
· Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
What are we looking for?
· A minimum of 2 years demonstrated previous experience in a similar role
· A current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification
· Strong coaching skills with the ability to motivate a team
· Knowledge of current food trends
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
At Hilton we know that our Team Members are the reason behind our success so in turn we are committed to ensuring that Hilton is a workplace where you can Thrive and make time for what matters most. Over the past three years we have held our top spot as the #1 hospitality company in Australia as listed by the Great Places to Work institute and in 2019 Hilton ranked #3 across all industries. You can also look forward to receiving:
· Access to Go Hilton, our Team Member Travel Program
· A competitive salary and benefits package
· Extensive leadership and career development opportunities
Ideal candidate profile