The Boca Raton Resort & Club is seeking a full time Catering Administrative Assistant!
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Administrative Assistant, you would be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to department managers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Greet and assist guests and respond to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
· Working knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, and customer relations skills. Basic understanding of item preparations and food cost percentages.
· Perform word-processing, typing, e-mailing, data-entry, filing, faxing, copying, processing mail and taking notes and/or dictation
· Answer telephones
· Make travel arrangements
· Perform other general office duties and assist with special projects, as needed
· Computer knowledge and ability: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Delphi
· Salesmanship abilities to include solicitation, qualification, and negotiation. Ability to be flexible and resolve potential problems
· Thorough understanding of banquet procedures, beverage, and meeting room set-ups, audio-visual and telecommunications needs
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
Generate contracts and BEOs in support of Senior Catering Managers.
Generate food and beverage revenue for groups and meetings of 50 or less guests with 10 or less guest room nights by responding to customer inquiries promptly.
Handles negotiations with meeting planners and generate Banquet Event Orders based on agreed contractual terms. Prepare and process all required paperwork to include BEOs for groups with room blocks of 10 or less, and all other related correspondences with clients.
Support daily distribution of BEO's, reader boards and change logs.
Maintain excellent working relationship from initial lead call through follow-up solicitation and maintain contact with all support departments, including banquets and functions room departments, until event conclusion.
Conduct property tours to promote facilities and services.
Work with Administrative Assistants in maintaining file room and proper stocking of Catering Marketing Collateral.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!