What will the role entail?
The Conference & Banqueting department covers operations which include food and wine service, bar service, meeting room set ups and AV set up. This role is specifically for the events bar team and the main responsibilities include:
· Working shift patterns that include weekends and working till early hours of the morning. (Transport home can be provided).
· Serve customers to the standards required, either on the bar or during a drinks reception before an event.
· Setting up the bars as they are not static bars.
· Have a good knowledge of our products and offer opinion to guest about drinks where needed.
· Cash handling procedures, as well as other payment types.
· Be able to answer guest queries, not related to service, in a polite and helpful manner.
· Be required to serve food, as well as drinks, during a reception.
· Have the flexibility to work in other areas of C&B if needed.
· Ability to comply with licensing laws, hotel regulations and health and safety regulations.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering great customer service, are able to adapt to guest requests and also the following:
· The commitment to deliver high levels of service every day.
Strong communication skills with team members as well as hotel guests.
· The motivation to learn new knowledge and skills.
· The flexibility to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations.
· The enthusiasm to be part of a winning team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions, however it is not desirable:
· Beverage experience, either in a hotel or hospitality industry.
· Knowledge of Licensing Laws.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!