Description de l'offre
A Beverage Runner is responsible for serving food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. Also to include the cleaning and resetting of service tables and side stations. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Beverage Runner is responsible for serving food and/or beverage to include the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. Also to include the cleaning and resetting of service tables and side stations. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Communicating with guests in a friendly and courteous manner using positive and clear English communication. Explains food/beverage being delivered clearly and thoroughly, answering any questions, and communicating with team members positively and effectively.
· Setting up side station, including but not limited to, stocking condiments, napkins, stocking and rolling small wares, preparing service trays, checking back stock of supplies and requesting any items need to complete shift
· Delivering food and condiments, napkins and other needed items to guests at the appropriate table or bar location and/or seat using a tray.
· Picking up dirty plates and small wares and delivering them to the specified dishwashing area.
· Organizing and expediting food/beverage for timely and accurate delivery of prepared items. Finishing dishes in warming oven and/or garnishing finished dishes.
· Breaking down side station and putting away side station items in appropriate storage areas.
· Maintain general cleanliness of tables and side stations
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
One year Food and Beverage experience preferred. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission yellow card. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service of various alcoholic beverages, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
· Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
· Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
· Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
· Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 25 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
· Ability to operate beverage equipment and food counter equipment, i.e. toaster, turbo chef, etc.
· Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
· Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!