What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam opened on May 1st 2014. You are a part of a young dynamic team and working at one of the top luxury hotels in Amsterdam. As Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a part of the Hilton Worldwide Hotel Group lovely benefits will apply, like discount on hotel rooms and Food and Beverage.
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the new colleague we are looking for.
What will I be doing?
As a Bartender, you provide guests with a memorable stay experience that is personalized to their needs, throughout their stay at the hotel by ensuring that the team is responding efficiently to their enquiries and advising them of the amenities and benefits offered by the hotel.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Provide the highest quality of service, assist customers' needs and preferences.
· Display good knowledge of beers, wines, liquors and further mixology. Utilize knowledge of drink service and bar terminology. Detailed knowledge of bar food menu.
· Maximize revenue through sales and increasing the average check through up-selling.
· Display general hotel knowledge and F&B outlets operating hours.
· Take ownership of simple guests' requests.
· Guarantee a cost consious manner of working.
· Use proper cash handling and accounting procedures.
· Ensure the effective maintenance and cleanliness of the beverage operation.
· Assist head bartender with beverage controls and monthly inventory checks
· Responsible for the spoilage report.
· Ensure waiters and busboys are trained on cocktails and different spirits, be confident in making cocktails using the correct measurements at all times.
· Ensure the grooming reflects the Waldorf Astoria's standards.
· Ensure the display behind the bar is as per the standards.
· Ensure the bar is always fully furnished in beverage and par stocks are respected.
· Deal with guest complaints promptly and inform the manager on duty.
· Be fully aware of the hotel licensing regulations as well as health and safety and fire procedures
· Proper handling of intoxicated guests. Follow and respect local customs and religion.