Hilton Vancouver is hiring a Full Time Barista!
Looking for someone with a great attitude! This position requires open and flexible availability to work 8 hour shifts, within the hours of 5:30am-6pm. Shifts vary and ability to work holidays and weekends is required.
We are a union property and offer benefits (if eligible), including Paid Time Off, Employee Restaurant (complimentary lunch!), Team Member Travel Program, and other AWESOME Hilton Perks!
What will I be doing?
A Barista is responsible for greeting and taking guests' orders for beverages and/or food in a friendly, courteous, professional and timely manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells additional items to enhance profitability. Enters orders into a computerized system and settles check(s) upon completion of order. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
· Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders. Makes and/or presents drinks using standard ingredient(s)/recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
· Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, maintaining accountability for all beverages served.
· Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all transactions.
· Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the coffee bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning, stocking and rotating all products needed.
· Respond to guest complains in a positive and tactful manner, negotiate a compromise and implement solution.
· Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops, secures and balance bank and sign out/in keys.