An Assistant Sales Manager supports the Sales Team through analysis and reporting of results and trends, recommends sales approaches to expand and add business, and develops the skills and culture of the Sales Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Sales Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with the Sales Team to analyse market trends, report results and develop a Sales Team to execute the selling strategy and achieve business objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Analyse local market trends and develop new business leads
· Maximise all Revenue opportunities
· Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
· Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
· Negotiate room rates/packages with corporate clients
· Ensure the Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards and pro-active selling
· Develop and implement creative local marketing channels including social media sites
· Work within current business strategies and recognise potential opportunities
· Communicate with all departments as required within each hotel
· Attend Sales events when required
· Report on a weekly/monthly basis appointments, calls made, and list of business leads
· Answer customer queries in a timely and suitable manner