Welcome to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside...
We're located along the River Thames with stunning views of Canary Wharf. This former 17th century Wharf Building boasts exposed brickwork and London's last dry dock for shipbuilding. Nearby attractions include Tower Bridge, The O2, Cutty Sark, London Eye and Westminster Parliament, all easily accessible by public transport.
Our complimentary ferry provides access to Canary Wharf and a connection to the Thames Clippers riverboat service for an unforgettable voyage into central London. The nearby Underground stations and Docklands Light Railway stations also offer links to the city and are easily accessible by foot or bus.
What will I be doing?
As our Assistant Night Manager, you'll be part of a team responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests by performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Oversee the hotel's night operation to maintain high standards
· Assist the Night Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Serve as a point of contact for regular and important Guests
· Complete Night Audit duties
· Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
· Understand and demonstrate correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
· Represent the Night Manger and other senior managers in their absence, taking full responsibility of the hotel
· Act in accordance with all security and emergency procedures and manage the instigation of these, as required
· Compile adequate handover to Early staff / Duty Manager
· Attend appropriate training courses, when required, and assist with the Night Team's training and development efforts
· Demonstrate current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area
· Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
· Conduct Health and Safety Checks and Night Walks
· Maintain a good status awareness of all hotel areas
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
Our Assistant Night Manager, working with Hilton London Canary Wharf is always working on behalf of our Guests and our Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, skills, and values that follow...
· Previous nights supervisory/management experience in Front Office within the hotel sector
· Night audit experience
· Competent level of IT proficiency
· Excellent leadership and management skills
· Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent grooming standards
· Positive attitude and good communication skills
· Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
· Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day & their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed to helping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & wellbeing…
Retirement plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningful leadership…
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXA employee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose…
Team member room rates globally, perks at work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Contract - Permanent (39hrs per week) 5 shifts over 7 days, 11pm - 7am
Salary - £21.5k per annum + Hilton perks & benefits programme
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage