An Assistant Housekeeper is responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while monitoring housekeeping standards and assisting the Executive Housekeeper.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Housekeeper, you will be responsible for assisting with overseeing housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Assistant Housekeeper will also be required to assist the Executive Housekeeper and monitor standards. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Assist with overseeing Housekeeping operations
· Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
· Support departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
· Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
· Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
· Assist the Executive Housekeeper to maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
· Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
· Ensure ongoing training to support Executive Housekeeper
· Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
· Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Support managing, training and developing the Front Office team
· Deputise in absence of Executive Housekeeper
· Assist other departments wherever necessary