With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Financial Controller – DoubleTree by Hilton Naha leads various sections of the Finance department and is responsible for the day to day accounting duties, providing periodic management reports on the financial performance of the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As the Financial Controller – DoubleTree by Hilton Naha, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
· Ensure that all hotel, company rules, local and international laws, SOX, GPIs, SOPs and regulations are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information, implementing best practices whenever possible.
· Complete a daily job check list to ensure compliance and completion of all tasks.
· Attend meetings to promote communication with the corporate office, other departments, owners and all other key stakeholders.
· Sufficiently present in operations, monitoring and interacting with the team on a daily basis.
· Create and maintain the UDA (User Developed Applications - Excel) and ensure automation and integrity of formulas at all times.
· Prepare journal entries and be responsible for the accuracy and clarity in the general ledger of all entries while keeping in compliance with Hilton chart of accounts and balance sheet dictionary, the uniform system of accounts for the lodging industry (latest edition) and regional standards.
· Prepare balance sheet account reconciliation, ensuring that accounts are reflected accurately and with source back-ups (OnQ, Micros, PDFs), avoiding UDA (Excel) worksheets as much as possible.
· Prepare and communicate a month-end summary report of your assigned area, displaying performance against targets, future planned actions and general workload evaluations (e.g. AR = invoices processed by TM, credit limit report // AP = spent by supplier, invoices processed … // GC = average daily cash, cash compliance survey, shortages, etc.).
· Ensure that reports are analyzed in detail and improvement opportunities for accuracy, workflow, efficiency and communication are continuously utilized and integrated in the development plans.
· Maximize productivity through multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet departmental goals of the business.
· Assist in the preparation of forecasts, month-end budgets, capex, audits and ad-hoc requests.
· In the absence of the direct superior, ensure the smooth operation of the Finance department and all assigned policies and procedures.
· Focus on personal development of “creativity” and “out-of-the-box thinking”, contributing to the overall departmental progression through well-defined ideas to drive change and increase efficiency and team satisfaction.
· Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Perform all month-end and year-end procedures in accordance with Hilton standards and produce reports including review of tax reports, affiliated invoices, and all other management reports.
· Prepare forecasts and ensure accuracy, implementing methods to ensure all revenue and expenses are tracked accurately.
· Analyze information in financial statements and write commentary to describe trends and explain variance in different financial reports.
· Responsible for the successful outcome of all internal and external audits.
· Actively support and manage superiors, colleagues and direct reports, ensuring that team queries and issues are addressed promptly and appropriately with a positive outcome.
· Identify own and direct reports’ training needs and develop training plans to ensure continuous development of assigned area and related sections, minimizing skill gaps and following up monthly to ensure such plans are followed.
· Ensure PDRs, PDPs, induction plans, and trainings are completed promptly and in a satisfactory manner.
· Responsible for the GTMS results, performance, work environment and satisfaction of direct reports.
· Reflect a supportive and welcoming atmosphere within your own and other departments, considering the needs of others while maintaining compliance with hotel procedures.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Financial Controller – DoubleTree by Hilton Naha serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the qualifications, skills, attitude, behaviours and values that follow:
· At least 3 years of experience in a similar position in a hotel, leisure or retail sector.
· Relevant degree in Finance, Accounting or related business disciplines.
· Able to effectively deal with the concerns of guests and team members in a friendly and positive manner, providing positive and proactive solutions.
· Excellent analytical skills, knowledgeable of financial operating systems and procedures.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Advanced proficiency in the English and Japanese language.
· Strong influencing, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Willing to relocate to Okinawa.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!