Assistant Director of Finance
The Assistant Director of Finance with Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of all financial operations of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Worldwide offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it's with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Finance, you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. An Assistant Director of Finance would also be required to communicate and delegate to the team to ensure departmental targets are achieved. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks the highest standards:
· Assist the Director of Finance by providing full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel and in other areas where required
· Maintain accurate accounting records and provide timely and accurate financial statements
· Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
· Train and develop the local finance team members and ensure succession plans are in place
· Assist in recruiting, managing, training and developing your team
· Ensure all financial regulations are met, through the maintenance of adequate systems of internal control
· Develop financial awareness of local management teams
· Be environmentally aware
· Represent needs of the team
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
· Ensure compliance of brand standards
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
As Assistant Director of Finance serving Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team members. To be successful in this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
· Previous experience in a hotel or leisure environment
· Excellent leadership experience
· Full understanding of financial operating systems and procedures
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Fluent in English language, both spoken as written
· Excellent computer skills, including MS-office
· Embraces change Management
· Able to think out of the box
It would be beneficial in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous experience with Hilton Worldwide
· Previous experience in Finance Management
· Relevant (hotel) education
· Fluent in Dutch language, both spoken as written
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will be able to make use of the GO Hilton Team Member Travel Program which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits.