Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Financial Analyst, Brands and Marketing, you will provide financial support to business partners in the Brands and Marketing areas. You will identify trends and business drivers that will affect future financial performance. You will also develop business relationships, identify profitable opportunities, anticipate challenges, and devise and execute strategies to support their business areas in delivering and executing on strategic objectives.
You will report to the Manager, Brands & Marketing Finance and you will execute financial reporting, analysis and business support to various functions within the brands and global marketing organization. You will also be responsible for the monthly and annual budgeting and forecasting responsibilities, analyze business challenges, and support the team in achieving business objectives.
More specifically, you will:
· Lead the generation of monthly Actuals and Forecast reports for departmental managers and Brands & Marketing leaders, in accordance with Global Brands and Commercial Services (GBCS) reporting calendar.
· Provide variance analysis between Actuals and Forecast/Budget, focusing on cost drivers and identifying corrective measures.
· Provide financial reports to ensure monthly forecast remains fluid, but with the constraints of budget, tracking underlying risks and opportunities, and what spend is committed vs uncommitted.
· Ensure proper fund distribution between departments and billings (to external customers and hotels) are accounted for accurately.
· Support the annual budget process and five-year operating plans.
· Provide support to the GBCS reporting team, and to the Financial Planning & Analysis team during the preparation of Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews intended for GBCS leaders and Executive Leaders.
· Provide financial insight to validate the return on investment relating to business cases, which support strategic business initiatives.
Ideal candidate profile
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a creative self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
· Excellent financial analysis skills; aptitude to analyze financial data to identify trends and issues, draw conclusions, and make recommendations
· Excellent financial modeling skills, expertise to build dynamic Revenue and Expense forecasting models with multiple input sources
· Knowledge of general accounting, specifically around accrual, cost prioritization and amortization
· Strong analytical skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with the team as appropriate; ability to dedicatedly identify and prevent potential problems
· Works well under pressure and effectively handles multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizes responsibilities
· Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
· Performs special projects as needed while demonstrating the ability to take initiative to identify and prioritize for the team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
· Two (2) years of related experience in Financial Analysis or in a business unit finance role
· One (1) year of experience using a financial analysis platform such as Oracle Smart View, Hyperion Essbase, etc.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
· Three (3) years of related experience in Financial Analysis or in a business unit finance role
· Proficiency with Oracle Smart View and/or Hyperion Essbase
· Experience working with and/or familiarity with the functions within Brands and Marketing What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!