Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Henkel Corporation is seeking a polymer chemist to focus on adhesive development for semiconductor packaging. Besides formulation development, the chemist will additionally work with application testing team to confirm fitness for key end uses and application techniques. Henkel is a leader in adhesives technology and electronic materials. This role will be part of a strong and diverse technical team focusing on maintaining Henkel's technology leadership position. As part of a larger technical team, the role will be located at the company's technical center for electronic materials that supports a diverse range of applications and market segments. This role is an ideal platform to advance professionally within a culture that values technical competence and contribution, on a global basis. We are looking for chemists or materials scientists with sound background in commonly used polymers in adhesive formulations such as epoxy, acrylates, polyurethanes, silicones, BMI, etc., with good intuition, who works well in collaborative culture and is focused on delivery and achievements.
What we offer
· Conceive innovative routes in new product development. Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
· Design, develop, execute and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive formulations and products.
· Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for internal teams, management, customers and technical conferences.
· Self-starter with strong initiative and be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
· Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales. Demonstrate strong communication skills.
· Understand state-of-art technology advancement and apply it to product development. Generate new intellectual properties. Actively search for new ideas and technology from within or outside.
· Demonstrate strong problem solving skills. Recognize sources of problems; absorb new information easily; expose gaps in logic and contradictions; develop effective solutions to technical roadblocks.
· Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.