Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Support the development of management systems to ensure safety and health regulatory compliance, and Henkel SHE program implementation at Henkel Louisville. The scope of the specialist's regulatory compliance and management systems will apply broadly within the SHE Department's responsibilities, but will primarily focus on providing an on the floor safety, health and environmental presence to effectively administer Henkel Employee Safety, Health and Environmental management practices under the Henkel SHE Standards; assist in administering OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14000 program requirements.
What we offer
· Administer and coordinate all local and Corporate safety, health and environmental activities.
· Identify, manage and mitigate SHE related risk both internal and external.
· Promote sustainable behavioral safety through Culture Based Safety program.
· Implement SHE standards, procedures to support excellence.
· Drive continuous improvement through audit/assessment.
· Provide on the floor safety presence to reinforce SHE requirements.
· Ensure compliance with all federal and state OSHA regulations.
· Provide safety training (Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, personal protection equipment, respirator use, incident investigation, etc.)
· Review and investigate accidents, injuries and illnesses that have occurred; determine root causes and interface with plant managers to ensure that corrective actions are completed.
· Work with operations personnel to determine that proper safeguards and personal protective equipment requirements are included in the manufacturing process.
· Take the lead in the coordination, collaboration and management of the Louisville contractor/maintenance programs.
· Regulatory research - keep current on OSHA, EPA and State regulations, ISO 14000/OHSAS 18001 and Henkel SHE standards.
· Coordinate, administer and direct implementation of Henkel Employee Safety and Health management practices under the OHSAS 18001 program.
· Lead the site safety steering committee.
· Work with operators to implement and improve lean practices such as 5S and visual management as they relate to SHE.