Your Responsibilities :
• Responsible for implementing the Medical Affairs Plan of specified Tesaro medical strategies, driving a consistent approach to carrying out scientific engagement activities internally and in the field; ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and GSK policy.
• Effectively develop strong strategic relationships with key influencers and external organizations to ensure that Tesaro/ GSK builds a leading voice within the oncology therapy area, and more specifically gynecological cancers in Belgium.
• Co-ordinate and utilize specialist knowledge with brand aligned colleagues in formulating and implementing short and long term medical strategy for optimal market access and commercialization for Tesaro brands
• External engagement with key external expert to ensure scientific data dissemination and insight seeking related to the associated brands
• Support preparation of portfolios of data and input into product submissions for reimbursement purposes
• Work closely with market access, regulatory, commercial and clinical colleagues on pre-launch planning, including strategic evidence planning and generation.
• Responsible for co-ordinating GSKs response to complaints from regulatory bodies and competitors – this will typically involve engaging members of the extended brand team e.g. brand manager, medical governance manager, legal, external affairs
• Provide analyses and reviews of therapy area and competitor products, making recommendations, which assist market access and commercialization of the products.
• Key role in the planning and development of promotional and educational campaigns, with responsibility for
• scientific content (core claims) ensuring the data maximize market access and commercial potential.
• medical accuracy and compliance with the product license and the relevant Codes of Practice
• training materials and training of relevant sales force, brand managers and MSLs
• Contribute to the development, attend and present at appropriate meetings (advisory board meetings, investigator meetings, expert meetings, and CME meetings). Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the therapy areas by reviewing the literature, discussions with key opinion leaders and key stakeholders, participating in cross functional interactions, attending scientific congresses, etc. Supporting scientific research and clinical studies (GSK sponsored/supported). Ensure the right approval processes of GSK supported studies (ISSs) by the MGB, and the follow up during the life cycle of the research project
• MD, PhD or PharmD or clinical or scientific expertise (list of publications, PubMed) in oncology
• Minimum 3 years of experience in oncology in pharmaceutical industry, preferably in medical roles
• Significant experience in a role successfully engaging in scientific exchange with external experts.
• Experience evaluating and effectively communicating evidence-based medicine
• Proven leadership experience and ability to lead change
• Solid grounding in clinical, medical and pharmaceutical science with the ability to rapidly assimilate specific and detailed knowledge in these areas
• Existing network/ knowledge of Belgium oncology EEs
• Superior organizational skills
• Strong scientific communication and presentation skills
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
Why GSK? :
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Pharmaceuticals – Our Pharmaceutical business has a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines. We currently focus on developing new medicines in respiratory and HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation; with discovery research exploring these and other areas.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.