Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Supervises nineteen (19) maintenance and instrumentation technicians in the maintenance and upkeep of the sterile fill facility in SFF and B300. Coordinates emergency and immediate maintenance activities. Works with area planner to plan and schedule routine maintenance activities. Maintains and improves maintenance systems for SFF & B300 filling equipment. Supervises all maintenance & instrumentation compliance in according with site policies and FDA regulations.
· Expertise with computerized maintenance management systems and instrument calibration and calibrations systems is required.
· Organizational planning skills are required.
· Ability to troubleshoot is required.
· Strong technical and problem solving skills in an aseptic manufacturing environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, technical writing and communication skills.
· Motivated self-starter with the ability to build positive working relationships with people at all organizational levels across multiple disciplines is required.
· Small project and shutdown project management skills required
· Training, mentoring, and formulation of career plans for maintenance and instrumentation technicians required
· Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC/HMI, Emerson DeltaV control system, and SCADA systems for troubleshooting is desirable.
· Strong knowledge of engineering principles in all or some of the following areas; Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Process is desirable
· Hands-on experience with aseptic filling systems is desirable.
· Overtime and after normal work hours as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering
Professional registration and/or certifications as appropriate. Minimum of 10 years experience in maintenance, preferably in a GMP or FDA regulated environment, at least 5 of the 10 years must be in a leadership capacity.
· Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32*, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Often performs duties standing. Frequently bends and twists neck and waist. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to other facilities. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Location:NORTH AMERICA : USA : NC-Clayton
Learn more about Grifols