GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail bannerswhich operatemore than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures :
· 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
· 30retail banners
· over 700,000 store visitors per day
· ~16 million prescription glasses sold
· Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
· EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
· Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Sun Products showroom management - stock control trainee job description
· Management of the full Global Sun Products showroom in Schiphol and Montigny:
· Implement and maintain a new automatized stock management system with barcodes and integrated software (1600 rolling active products)
· Coordinate with all the internal and external stakeholders (procurement, finance, category managers, suppliers…) at all steps of the project in terms of sample order management & follow-up, showroom organization, reception, payment and return
· Help to implement and maintain stock management and packshots for the new employee Webshop with Digital team: creation of an internal website to sell products
· Place orders on all new product selected in the Open to buy and organize the flows to send back the discontinued products
· Prepare the showroom for exclusive brand selection days for all the countries
We are looking for a Stock Controller based in Schiphol to manage our inventory and purchase merchandise based on GV’s needs and to stick to the open to buy list.
Stock Controller responsibilities include tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures and have good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients and internal teams.
· Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases
· Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed and defined in OTB
· Track shipments and address any delays
· Oversee storage of products/showroom organization
· Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals along with Procurement teams
· Help to implement & maintain the new employee webshop with Digital team
· Coordinate regular inventory audits
· Fluent in English
· Good understanding of supply chain procedures
· Working knowledge of inventory management software
· Active participation in inventory audits
· Excellent organization skills
· Good communication and negotiation abilities
· BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
· Willing to travel in France (Montigny) before and during the Selection days (3 weeks +/-)
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.