Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Kasondra Davis
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
About the Position
The exploration, design, development & implementation of effective engineering/technical solutions for manufacturing facilities, systems process or equipment problems for global manufacturing facilities, technical & engineering organizations, that will ensure maximum efficiency of Goodyear global manufacturing process.This position is part of the Curing Process team in Global Engineering, reporting to the Senior Manager. The position will include a high level of research and innovation activities related to new curing processes, methodologies and equipment. Engineer must have desire and capability to seek out existing or develop new technologies that will advance the state of curing at Goodyear.
· Be recognized as a leader in development of technical solutions to meet product requirements.
· Be a knowledge resource on available technology. Lead team on use of appropriate level of tech for application. Lead development of new technology. Avoid inappropriate level of risk.
· Be a knowledge resource of work processes or recognized leader in continuous improvement of processes.
· Develop and advise others on evolving technologies globally.
· Be a knowledge resource or leader, recognized for innovations and creativity.
· Identify problems before they occur, propose mitigation solutions. Be a recognized leader in development of new problem-solving strategies. Prioritize objectives and strategies that best deliver to meet business needs.
· Be a knowledge resource and leader of collaboration. Create an environment and culture of collaboration.
· Advise others on new tools and methods to solve problems and make decisions.
· Be a knowledge resource in driving decisions based on facts. Lead team to consider alternatives and rule out unlikely outcomes.
· Lead implementation. Use skills to address large complex problem solutions. Lead in data analysis.
· Be a recognized content expert and leader in project management.
· Be a recognized leader in completing activities and steps of projects. Insure required steps are taken and all parties included. Lead project teams in developing plans.
· Be a resource leader in project risk management and the use of process to manage project risk.
· Be a recognized resource and leader in execution and implementation. Lead project closeout as a strategy leader.
· Be a knowledge resource and leader in resolving project conflict. Anticipate conflict and develop contingency plans.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in science/Technology/Engineering/Math. Due to legal requirements Latin America candidates must possess Engineering Degree
· PE, PMP or similar engineering / project management certifications. MS, PhD in related engineering field desired
· 7+ years’ experience required.
· Lead in continual learning as evidenced by professional licensing, advanced degree, and additional education/training.
· Experience in leading work across divisions and with external organizations.
· Completed cross-functional assignments or projects and/or at least 2 positions within a division or a completed plant assignment
· Experience with conceptualizing, analyzing options, specifying and/or designing processes and machinery.
· Experience with tire curing process and related equipment desirable.
· Experience with drawing creation and editing using Autodesk products, including AutoCad and Inventor (or similar 3D modeling tool) are desirable.
· Basic understanding of facilities equipment that support curing, including the steam, nitrogen, cold water, compressed air, vacuum and related
Skills and Abilities
· Instill positive attitudes on peers.
· Provide positive constructive feedback. Plan and lead meetings.
· Give clear and concise technical guidance. Offer constructive disagreement and the ability to manage/deflect/diffuse conflict. Lead in finding alternative solutions.
· Demonstrate capability in a leadership role. Lead by example.
· Cooperate to meet business objectives.
· Delegate and make capable teams.
· Anticipate and mitigate risk. Be recognized as a leader in execution/completion/closeout of projects. Anticipate conflict and develop contingency plans
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go towww.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Clickhere for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, andhere for additional supplementary information.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Finance, Technology