GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
The Wind Technician Quality Coordinator at “San Matías” Wind Farm located in San Felipe, BC., México will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and warranty repair of wind turbine generators. Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch and variable speed turbines, will have an extended role where he will supervise the Quality execution of al the activities (Both in the field and in the Quality management systems
As the Wind Technician Quality Coordinator at San Matías wind farm, you will be responsible for Draft / Review Tail Board, Work Desk Instruction (WDI), and other job specific documentation that is required to conduct our business in the safest manner possible. You will also be the active leader on all about Quality execution and documentation at the site level The Wind Technician Quality Coordinator is able to Develop a QMS culture, work within a team and has strong communication skills, own the platforms (Maximo, RACES, etc) accurate update and QMS compliance (tooling calibrations, manuals, documentation, etc).
· Applicant must be able to fully read/understand English at technical level.
· Study program, courses and exams will be at GE Renewable Energy Learning Center in New York.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 1 year of work experience in Electrical / Electronic repair industry and/or EHS responsibilities.
· Associate degree in a Technical Electrical / Electronic discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in Electrical / Electronic repair industry and a minimum of 1 year of experience with balance of plant (BOP) operations and/or EHS responsibilities OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in the Electrical / Electronic repair industry and a minimum of 1 year of experience with balance of plant (BOP) operations and/or EHS responsibilities.
· Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight of 50 lbs.
· Ability and willingness to climb towers up to 300 feet, as required.
· Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions, as required.
· Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities, as required.
· Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Familiarity with MS-Office operating system.
· High degree of quality awareness, and excellent fault finding logic and diagnostic skills combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems.
· Team player, cooperative, interested in further development.
· Confident personality.
· Able to perform duties with little direction.
· Comprehensive knowledge Electrically on Wind turbines.
· Able to work at heights and high level of physical fitness.
· Structured worker with technical analytical abilities.
· High degree of flexibility, highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
· Electrical / mechanical service or maintenance experience.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com