GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Digital Services
The Wind Energy Technician is a critical and active role to maintain optimal function and output at the wind site by working daily on turbine operations, required maintenance, safety, quality control and warranty repair(s). You will partner and communicate with the Site Lead and Manager to execute on contract requirements and timelines and ensures alignment with GE operational excellence!
As the Wind Technician, you will:
· Work with site leadership to execute contractual obligations per customer requirements and activities set forth with on a daily basis, which include any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in the GE wind turbine generator
· Perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions
· Troubleshoot complex mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch & variable speed turbines
· Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision
· Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis
· Document all work performed using computer based service reporting
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in electrical, mechanical or hydraulic processes ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Ability and Willingness to;
· Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs. and climb towers up to 300 feet daily
· Meet specified manufacturer weight limits not to exceed 300 lbs. including required gear
· Understand electrical schematic drawings, technical manuals, procedures, and regulations
· Work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
· Flexibility to work rotating shift schedules, and on-call per site needs
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Electronics field from an accredited college or university
· Technical Certification in Wind Energy or Electrical / Electronic field
· Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the Wind Farm
· Wind turbine experience
· Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision
· Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
· Experience using hydraulic power tools
· Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).