GE Power Portfolio
Power Portfolio Steam Power
The WELDER C Performs simple welding and layout operations for the Atlanta Service Center. Must be familiar with conventional welding symbols, standards and tolerances used on prints. Makes simple repairs on related welding jobs. May assist and work under direction on more complicated and difficult jobs. Performs liquid dye penetrate tests. Performs related duties as assigned.
As the WELDER C you will:
· Perform simple welding and layout operations for the Atlanta Service Center
· Must be familiar with conventional welding symbols, standards and tolerances used on prints
· Makes simple repairs on related welding jobs
· May assist and work under direction on more complicated and difficult jobs
· Performs liquid dye penetrate tests
· Performs related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Ability to pass weld test as condition of employment
· Minimum 6 months previous welding experience
· Minimum 6 months previous manufacturing experience
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.