Power Power Services
The Welder will perform functions to weld product line assemblies in accordance with established weld procedure specifications.
As the Welder, you will:
· Repair turbines and generators by applying appropriate welding techniques: Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG), Metal Inert Gas (MIG), Shielding Metal Arc (SMAW) and Submerged Arc Welding
· Identify all safety risks and requirements, as well as comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations
· Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding processes
· Set up and operate welding equipment: select appropriate materials, prep work piece in accordance with part geometry, properties of material and scope of repair
· Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness
· Graduate of an accredited welding program (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of industrial / construction or similar commercial welding experience, including the use of TIG (GTAW) and Stick (SMAW) welding processes)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
· Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends and overtime
· Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment
· Ability and willingness to weld in all positions and conditions
· Ability and willingness to stand, walk, bend, squat and lift objects for long periods of time
· Ability and willingness to work at heights, climb ladders / stairways and platforms
· Two-year technical or Trade School Degree from an accredited college, university or trade school
· Accomplished skills in a trade with experience on Power Generating Equipment
· Basic computer skills
· Strong communication skills ( written & oral)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).