GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
As a member of a World-Class Team, the Manufacturing Tank Welder will work from engineering specifications and follow manufacturing standard operating procedures. They will also perform welding activities to form leak tight assemblies utilizing steel alloy materials.
As a Welder, you will:
· Work from engineering specifications and follow manufacturing standard operating procedures
· Perform welding activities to form leak tight assemblies utilizing steel alloys
· Interpret complex engineering drawings
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· High School Diploma / GED
· Minimum of 2.5 years of welding experience that includes a minimum of 6 months hand fitting experience (OR a minimum of 1 year welding experience, which includes a minimum of 6 months of hand fitting experience)
· Ability and willingness to read complex engineering drawings; demonstrate this ability by passing a written and welding test (to be administered to an individual only once every 6 months)
· Satisfactory work performance in current assignment
· Team player and able to work well with others in team environment
· Self Motivated
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).