Healthcare Clinical Care Solutions
GE Healthcare, a leading global health technology provider has strong presence in Finland. We are about 700 people from over 25 countries, helping healthcare providers improve patient care.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Support Engineer to join our engineering team maintaining patient monitors. We are part of global Monitoring Solutions business, located in Helsinki, Vallila.
Your role is to lead technical product investigations and provide modality engineering support for regional teams owning our critical care and anesthesia monitor customers.
Your responsibilities would include:
· Be part of the Service and Customer Support Team and point of contact for patient monitor matters
· Drive SW or HW related product issue investigations to root cause together with design engineering experts and collaborate with regional customer teams, mainly US Compose Investigation summary reports, Risk Analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action plans with follow up on implementation
· Provide product and technical input to regulatory agency questions or other compliance requests owned by regulatory team
· Analyze product and post-market quality data, draw conclusions and make action proposals
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, SW Engineering or related engineering discipline (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
· Technical know-how and learning skills to understand patient monitor technologies and infrastructure
· Proven capability to produce technical documentation and facilitate activities
· Customer-oriented mindset and "can do" attitude
· Demonstrated abilities in working, influencing and communicating within global environment
· Proficiency in English, both spoken and written
· EU work permit
· Master’s degree in Biomedical/SW Engineering or Computer Science
· Previous experience in high level product support
· Experience on SW development for medical devices or other experience in regulated industry under quality management system
· Know-how of patient monitoring devices, parameters and clinical applications such as (ECG, SpO2, InvBP, C.O.) and related technologies or hospital infrastructure
· Ability to quickly form the big picture, facilitate team activities and make conclusions to compose a summary
· Excellent communication skills
This is what we offer:
· Work on medical device technologies together with talented experts in a team with great spirit
· Grow your technical know-how, skills and abilities to support future roles in the organization
· Office near Pasila railway station in central Helsinki with own on-site parking, gym, great café and restaurant
· Competitive compensation and benefits
Please apply by sending your application and CV to
www.ge.com/careers no later than October 11, 2020. Please don't wait until last minute with your application as we start screening candidates right away. For further information please contact Tapani Niklander, Engineering Manager, tel. +358 (0)40-7583213, email: tapani.niklander(at)ge.com.
Please kindly note that applications should be sent only via GE Careers website.
We are looking forward to your application!
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.