Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Perform essential duties and responsibility in service cells which includes working with a variety of computerized/manual machines and manufacturing operations.
· Perform multiple CMO operations in cell
· Operates machine(s) in a prescribed safe manner
· Performs regular preventative maintenance
· Assures internal calibration, outside calibration services and internal reports are performed accurately and in a timely manner
· Verify calibration
· Maintains eQuals requirements
· Use standards shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
· Basic housekeeping of cell (5S)
· Review, understand and follow routers, procedures, specification, and other instructions for completeness to perform operations
· Ensures all company paperwork is filled-out accurately
· Fully understands blueprints
· Read and understand inspection sheets
· Identify revision levels
· Produce error free products
· Meet production goals
· Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines
· Understand safety and machining hazards
· Have a basic understanding of processes in one area within your home cell
· Willing to undergo on-the-job training in order to obtain CVP certification within first 6 months as an Associate CMO
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Also, proven ability to demonstrate:
· Strong attention to detail
· Work overtime as needed
· Compliance with and supports all GE policies and the “Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment” guide
· Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors
· Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
· Works collaboratively and respects all others
· Actively participate and support a team environment
· Keeps team informed of work progress, timelines, and issues
· High school diploma or General education Degree (GED), plus 6 months operating machine experience.
· Ability/prior experience read and understand routers and process instructions
· Experience with manual or automated welding process
· Experience with using calipers, micrometers and other gauges used to perform inspection.
· Education or experience in programming and operations in programmable controllers.
· PC experience in use of email, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Word.
· Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and a cellular work environment.
· Tube bending experience
· CVP in Hydro and/or Boroscope
· Read and interpret drawings/specifications for Boeing products.
· Knowledge of swage processes
· Required to pass certification standards test and eye examination
· Must be able to read safety rules in the use and maintenance of shop equipment.
· Able to read and understand specifications, be able to analyze and interpret technical procedures, blueprints and written instructions.
· Able to read and complete forms to generate meaningful reports and charts.
· Have the ability to effectively communicate and respond to questions from team members, coaches and leaders.
· Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals, and whole numbers.
· Basic computer skills.
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a standardized situation.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day.
· Must be able to work with upper body extremities.
· Must be able to walk, sit, or stoop on a regular basis.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis.
· Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on occasion.
· Items more than 30 pounds will be lifted with assistance.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).