GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy COEs
Open to Melbourne and Singapore based candidates. You will determine and minimize the company's worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws. This role requires a good understanding of work routines and procedures, limited independence in problem solving and decision making. This is an entry level professional position and can include some team leader positions.
The GE Renewable Asia Hub is a cross-functional, cross-country structure covering C&R, Stat, Tax and other standardised processes. The Asia Hub Tax Team is primarily located in China and is responsible for tax operations across APAC and India for the GE Renewable Energy business. The tax team’s scope includes preparation of all local tax returns (CIT, VAT and other local Taxes) and management of internal tax operations to support external filings and stakeholders. Last mile support is provided in-country to ensure on-time and accuracy of filings.
Tax services are governed by the GE S&T Enterprise Standards and GE Map 20.30. Services scope include US GAAP and local GAAP tax accounting, preparing local tax returns (CIT, and other local Taxes), managing/supporting tax audits, governance, and ad hoc projects of the Company.
External filings & audits
· Be part of growing tax COE responsible primarily for Australia tax issues but with opportunities to extend to other countries.
· Prepare and lodge all tax filings and schedules for GE Renewables Australia legal entities (CIT, VAT, WHT etc).
· Work with local teams to ensure appropriate document collection and retention.
· Work with tax operations leader to support on external audits, including working with external tax advisors to prepare reconciliations and collate requested information/documents.
· Prepare settlement of outstanding tax liabilities if necessary. Internal accounting and processes
· Update eCompliance once the return is filed & upload filed documents electronically.
· Support quarterly US GAAP tax provision for businesses/divisions, annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with businesses and local tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis.
· Prepare / review CIT returns & reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed
· Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalate matters to Tax Ops Leader for advice and resolution.
· Support ad hoc projects as required
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Written and verbal fluency in English
· At least 3 years of work experience of CIT/VAT/GST in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Centre
· Experienced in CIT/VAT/GST processes and compliance
· Intermediate to advanced MS Excel and Access
· Good communication skills
· Good analytical skills & ability to technically discuss with local/regional business controllers, country Stat & Tax leader, business/corporate tax leaders and KPMG/auditors where necessary,
· Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
· Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
· Accountancy experience with knowledge of accounting systems; Oracle/SAP.
· Understanding of differences between USGAAP & Local STAT and between local tax & reporting currencies
· In-depth understanding of ETR rate drivers, including determining actions to report on and mitigate them in future.
· Awareness of multi-jurisdictional tax systems (US and non-US).
· Simplification and digital mindset.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com