Responsible for driving exceptional product quality for the patient, customer value beyond expectations, regulatory assurance and optimized Cost of Quality for GEHC. This is a key technical leadership position, affecting part quality for both installed base and NPI parts. This role will have deep domain expertise related to supplier processes within their assigned product family and will have knowledge of industry best practices in those areas.
The Supplier Capability and Process Expert is responsible for the development, assessment and execution of selecting capable suppliers and ensuring they introduce components that deliver exceptional product quality for our patients and customers. The Supplier Capability and Process Expert will use deep technical/process knowledge and influencing skills within the organization and suppliers, to define and execute supplier selection in alignment with GE Healthcare and industry standards. Providing leadership, technical direction and resources to extended virtual staff in all regions.
1. Develop positive relationships and work closely with Global Sourcing Leaders and Modality Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement New Product Introductions, and transfers.
2. Provide leadership and technical direction for supplier selection process.
3. Promote technical excellence in all regions, support teams through technical challenges and lead special projects with key suppliers.
4. Establish and maintain positive relationships with required external and internal interfaces to ensure that customer requirements are understood and being achieved.
5. Effectively communicate technical, regulatory and compliance aspects of supplier selection activities vertically and horizontally in the organization.
6. Ensure positive actions are taken to encourage growth, technical development, and improved interpersonal skills
7. Team player able to work closely with a global cross-functional teams and open to sharing information and best practices with them.
8. Up to 40% travel.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical degree with 5 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance, or an associate degree with 15 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance. Experience supplemented for education is in addition to any other experience requirement for the position).
2. 2.Minimum 5 years’ experience in product development and industrialization.
3. Minimum 2 years of experience in or supporting a manufacturing environment.
4. Minimum 5 years’ experience in problem solving, root cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross functionally and globally).
llaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.10. Excellent oral communication and report, business correspondence and procedure writing skills.
1. Advanced degree in Engineering or Science.
2. Minimum 10 years of deep technical expertise and experience in design and manufacturing processes in targeted technologies. Including, but not limited to: Plastics.
3. 2 or more years of experience, with proven leadership, in lean manufacturing processes.
4. Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change across organizations
5. Demonstrated competency in providing leadership and direction in regard to cross-functional aspects of technology development.
6. Demonstrated experience with communicating and teaching best practices.
7. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet development and analysis.
8. Effective problem solving, root cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross functionally and globally).
9. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous
improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
10. Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the
organization around concepts of design control, design verification and validation activities; production and process controls; Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints and risk management; and product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma, DFR etc.
11. Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
12. Excellent oral communication and report, business correspondence and procedure writing skills.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).