Capital Energy Financial Services
GE Energy Financial Services (EFS), the energy investment arm of GE Capital, is recruiting Summer Analysts for a 10-week internship. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated individual interested in the energy sector. This internship opportunity is designed to build early energy finance careers. Interns will get broad exposure across the energy spectrum, including equity investing, capital markets and asset management.
Opportunities in investment underwriting and portfolio management exist in the Renewables and Power sectors. These teams provide and lead financial solutions for our Industrial businesses. Summer analysts will be exposed to financial modeling, deal documentation, asset acquisitions/sales, and regulatory compliance. In addition, they will be exposed to industry leaders and senior executives, along with an interactive training program designed to develop outstanding energy investing expertise.
- Analyze and/or develop financial models and projections
- Conduct industry/company research and analysis
- Perform asset valuation analysis
- Assist in preparation of investment memorandums and other deal specific documentation
- Assist in the underwriting of new transactions, as well as asset management and syndication
- Maintain deal management information systems that are demonstrated for the preparation of internal reports
- Independently develop and execute projects sought at improving business processes
- Review operating and financial results of project companies
· Anticipated graduation in Spring/Summer 2020/2021 from a bachelor’s program
· Majors: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics or related
· GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Undergraduate/rising senior
· Experience working with, proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· MUST be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
· MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
· MUST be at least 18 years of age.
· MUST be willing to align with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing and background check.
· MUST be willing to travel as needed to meet the needs of the business.
· MUST be willing to work out of the Norwalk, CT office.
· Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
· We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
· Fluency in English (written and oral)
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
· Please ensure you apply directly on GECareers.com for job ID 3377810 to be considered for the internship
· Ability to work as a part of a team with varied strengths
· Strong analytical skills
· Interest in Energy and Finance
· Understanding of financial documents and basic accounting
· High self-confidence
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proactive, takes the initiative
· Creative, thinks in an unexpected way
· Standout colleague
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).