GE Gas Power
Gas Power Information Technology
The Staff Systems Administration Engineer will concentrate in the implementation of infrastructure and operations. Responsible for resolving incidents, fulfilling complex requests, & implementing wide sweeping changes. This assignment is to support the Gas Power Data platform in the Cloud and On-Premise environment and act as a primary contact to the Data Architects for production releases and rollouts of new services and feature requests.
· Provides technical leadership and operational support for planned releases, incidents, and issue resolution. Follow ITIL standards for change, problem, request & incident management.
· Provides impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment.
· Define root cause failures and develop solutions for proper controls/prevention
· Seek and deliver continuous improvement opportunities to optimize application performance, data quality & accuracy, application availability and operational optimization before they result in a service interruption.
· Develops automated solutions to eliminate common or repetitive tasks.
· Leverages monitoring tools to resolve problems and identify systematic issues with the design and architecture of affected system(s).
· Assists with development of availability measures that align with consumer experience to accurately assess the usability of crucial services.
· Assist the business/development teams in the production cutover planning and preparations of the Data and Analytics solutions.
· Assist and support proof of concepts and new technology introductions for installation, configuration and validation.
· Monitor performance and capacity of the platform systems to provide visibility for capacity planning and optimization.
· Monitor utilization and the respective cost of the platform systems to identify cost saving opportunities.
· Degree Requirements: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent to Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Minimum Years of Experience: 6 years of professional experience
· Expertise in operating, supporting, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
· Strong Database Operations with SQL experience (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, AWS Aurora).
· Familiarity with Cloud services and architecture.
· Experience with Talend and/or Informatica ELT/ETL.
· Experience with Data Integration technologies.
· Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
· In-depth knowledge of infrastructure concepts, designs and principles with the ability to implement in a cloud environment.
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
· A self-driven individual in an environment that will not micro-manage daily duties.
· Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
· Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction for cloud infrastructure.
· Understands architectural standards and concepts to apply to project work and implementation
· Familiarity with AWS Cloud Services and server-less applications.
· Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components.
· Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
· Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback. Personal Attributes:
· Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
· Reacts with an open mind to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
· Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com