Current & GE Lighting
Current & Lighting GE Lighting
The ideal candidate will have a combination of logical thinking, tech savvy, and great team player abilities to take on projects outside of their core responsibilities. Excellent at facing Coding/Math challenges, great problem-solving skills, and the ability to provide code review, coaching and mentoring for junior developers.
· Design models for achieving specific imaging goals
· Perform model training / algorithm development and optimization
· Optimize and compromise for speed, size or accuracy
· Select or develop algorithms for performing various computer vision related tasks
· Build or modify software and tools for implementing your algorithms and models on a variety of hardware platforms
· Convey your analytics features in a compelling fashion
· Understand customer feedback and define new iterations of features
· Define the next big thing(s) on the roadmap
· Present and discuss your work with other partners in the business
· Participate in code reviews, champion continuous integration, automated testing, and documentation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 8 years of professional experience including 2-3 Years of Computer Vision Experience and including 1-2 Years Machine Learning Engineering Experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Value creativity, initiative, clarity and rigor
· Believe diversity of thought improves our outcomes
· Speak up and take initiative
· Have experience working with, modeling and understanding large and complex datasets
· Have worked on large, pre-existing production code bases
· Expert Python & C++ programming skills with experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
· Strong mathematics background & experience with 3D computational geometry, linear algebra, statistics, numerical methods and error analysis
· Experience in creating machine learning algorithms and statistical modeling methods
· Experience with OpenCV
· Familiarity with the latest techniques in computer vision
· Ability to both work independently and collaborate in a SCRUM environment
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.