Staff Software Engineer
Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital
This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
In the role of Staff Software Engineer, you will:
· Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
· Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
· Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
· Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
· Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
· Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design / architectural considerations and implementation strategy
· Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks
· Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands
· Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product
· Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university (OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university with minimum 8 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR completion of a GE Leadership program with a minimum 5 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product)
· Minimum 6 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR completion of a GE Leadership program with a minimum 3 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
· Travel 10% of the time, as required
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in New Orleans, LA or San Ramon, CA
· PhD in Computer Science or in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3 years of experience of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
· Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
· Knowledgeable about developments in UX in various contexts, businesses, and industries. Quantifies effectiveness of design choices by gathering data. Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program
· Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness
· Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices)
· Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence
· Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization
· Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure
· Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information
· Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable
· Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems
PLEASE NOTE: New Orleans, LA is the preferred location, however other U.S. locations may be considered.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.