Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
You will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
In this role, you will:
· Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
· Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
· Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
· Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
· Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
· Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
· Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
· Seek and provide feedback on design and development
· Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
· Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
· Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
· Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
· Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
· Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
· Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
· Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
· Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
· Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
· Provide guidance to a team of 5 to 7 developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
· Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in building large-scale, enterprise-wide applications OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in building large-scale, enterprise-wide applications OR PhD with 3 years of experience in building large-scale, enterprise-wide applications
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
· Experience with Linux operating systems preferred
· Experience in engineering cloud/online services at massive scale preferred
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
· Experience with Java, Go, and/or Python programming languages
· Hands-on experience in writing web services
· Experience working in a cloud environment and/or a containerized environment (Kubernetes experience preferred)
· Excellent scripting skills that can be applied in live service environments
· Experience using cloud resource provisioning tools and systems
· Experience working in Agile development environment
· Familiarity with cloud automation and orchestration tools
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-site organization
· Flexible, continuous learner, willing to share knowledge
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.