Staff Software Engineer
Description de l'offre
San Ramon, Burnaby
Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
Canada, United States
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.
You will be responsible for efficient architecture, design & implementation of IIOT platform services & applications. You should be able to work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for scalable architecture, design & implementation of high quality high performance IIOT platform services & applications in a fast paced and agile development environment using modern software development methodologies and infrastructure
· Ensure all required unit/integration/performance/load test cases are written along with code implementation
· Work with architect & other developers in the team to move technical implementation work forward
· Work with Product Management, customers to ensure their vision & requirements are correctly translated into architecture, design & implementation. Conduct code reviews to ensure the same.
· Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
· Maintain production systems uptime & SLAs. Work on resolution of production issues at a very high priority to minimize production impact.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in software development OR Master’s degree with 5 years of experience in relevant areas OR PhD with 2 years of experience in relevant areas.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Must be willing to travel up to 10% of time
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, US or Burnaby, CA
· Extensive experience in cloud computing, distributed systems, object-oriented design & programming, relational and NoSQL databases, REST APIs and micro-services architecture
· Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and ability to implement them using in Java, Python
· Experience in large scale data storage, processing & real time serving systems
· Strong understanding and experience in agile methodologies, continuous integration/delivery
· Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test driven development in lieu of traditional QA practices)
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization. Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose
· Excellent critical thinking skills
· Solid team player and can-do attitude to take on new challenges
· Able to effectively direct and mentor other team members
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.