Transportation Digital Solutions
Working as a software architect for Logistics products to create clear strategic direction to be delivered by the product development team. Leads, consults or oversees multiple architectural engagements. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information. Leads domain specific architecture. Works across multiple technical and functional domains.
In this role you will:
· Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
· Contributes to the development of project and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
· Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization
· Leads and coordinates the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction across multiple teams or complex product line.
· Analyzes, designs and develops a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
· Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural at domain level and across multiple teams.
· Participates in the EA business-wide and domain governance model.
· Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios.
· Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout the domain.
· Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
· Demonstrates strong communication skills; able to present at conferences and explain complex technical problems in simple terms.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 10 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
· 3+ years of large scale, complex, cloud apps Architecture and design
· Experience with Cloud Architecture and Implementation (AWS, AZURE or equivalent. AWS Solution Architecture Certification or other cloud equivalent.
· Experience with designing and implementing Cloud Automation (e.g. Cloud Formation, Chef, Terraform…)
· Experience building and implementing cloud Platform and Application services, Basic understanding of cloud security.
· Experience with Cloud operations model
Experience developing and implementing Big Data Technologies (e.g. Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop etc.)
· Experience implementing Container technologies
· Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals;
· demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
· Develops, motivates peers to create a team environment.
· Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components.
· Assists in developing business cases.
· Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
· Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
· Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
· Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions with uncertain consequences.
· Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
· Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning.
· Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.