The Network Software team delivers enterprise connectivity services across the globe. We're innovating in network design and SDN to connect securely and seamlessly. This enables GE to connect people and technology, from hospitals and wind farms, to datacenters and cloud providers, anywhere in the world.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help drive our DevOps and automation efforts, building robust systems using modern cloud infrastructure on top of AWS, Azure, and OpenStack.
· Be responsible for delivering highly available services through entirely automated processes
· Collaborate with software and network engineers to automate builds and software deployments
· Invent and implement new approaches to automate maintenance tasks, system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools
· Be responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/service roadmap
· Lead assessment and decision related to technology choices, design/architectural considerations and implementation strategy
· Be the subject matter expert in technologies and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent practical experience.
· A minimum 6 years of professional experience in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics).
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Cinciannti, OH or Atlanta, GA
· Travel is required <10%
· Experience in AWS Services with one or more certifications preferred (Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps, DevOps, etc…)
· Hands-on experience with configuration frameworks for deployment: Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as: Python, Ruby or similar
· Familiarity with source control systems such as Git
· Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems: ECS, Kubernetes, etc.
· Experience with managing large numbers of servers in AWS and driving stability through automated monitoring, alerting, and actions.
· Foundational understanding of network concepts and technologies
· Eager to learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
· Experience mentoring other engineers and collaborating in a large-scale environment
· Drive and delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Identifies and raise issues, risks and benefits.
· Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
· Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).