GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
The Oracle ERP Operations leader will be responsible for implementing operational excellence in large global business critical Oracle ERP systems. This role will demonstrate expertise in managing day to day operations, configuration, performance tuning, capacity planning and troubleshooting of the BHGE Oracle ERP environment. Applications in scope include but not limited to Oracle EBS (11i, R12), SOA, OTM, Primavera etc.
In addition, you will:
· Implement global performance and availability metrics on BHGE Oracle ERP systems
· Ensure proper measurements of key parameters and implement performance tuning process
to address run times of key critical jobs
· Assist in ERP harmonization efforts to ensure all BHGE ERPs are managed and operated in a standardized manner
· Implement key capacity planning measurement and coordinate capacity action plans, as part of the ERP Technology & DBA practice
· Drive performance optimization process to improve quarter close operations and reduce TCO
· Coordinate with application support and project implementation teams for follow up on tuning activity
· Provide guidance and consultancy to developers on tuning actions
· Be responsible for concurrent manager optimization and configuration
· Be responsible for identification and resolution of long running jobs and SQL statements
· utilizing SQL performance tuning expertise
· Advise management on application and supporting technology purchases and on future projects or environment upgrades, modifications and enhancements
· Be responsible for definition and technical project management of optimization efforts
· Conform to system architecture standards and practices and work with outsourced suppliers as required to keep up to date with enabling technologies
· Participate in the evaluation & implementation of third party software solutions
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or
related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience.
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in Oracle Applications & Technologies
· Minimum 3 years in application tuning and performance improvements
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Expertise of Oracle ERP Applications technology including EBS R12 application tuning in RAC environment
· Experience with Unix/Linux and issue identification at the platform tier
· Experience with Oracle Exa* engineered systems concepts and technologies
· Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager tool
· Knowledge of current information technologies
· Knowledge of architecture and design standards
· In-depth knowledge of application servers, J2EE, Oracle, Unix O/S, Database, Service Oriented Architecture and physical architectures
· Established project management abilities
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.