Greenville, Schenectady, Cincinnati
New York, Ohio, South Carolina
The Staff Enterprise Architect is responsible for design and architecture technical projects for the Power engineering domain including new designs, new build, environment updates and obsolescence upgrades, asset management, and radical simplification objectives.
In this role you will:
· Deliver infrastructure roadmaps and projects to fulfil product rollout needs and business driven outcomes.
· Lead infrastructure architecture governance model, approvals, and schedules
· Lead the platform vitality for engineering pillar technologies.
· Align with corporate and Power IT in implementing future technology strategy
· Contributes to the development of project and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
· Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization
· Participates in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
· Assists in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
· Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level.
· Participates in the EA (Enterprise Architecture) governance model.
· Supports the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
· Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
· Coaches and mentors team members.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
· A minimum of 6 years of professional experience in design and architecture of IT projects
· A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Linux OS, networking, BigIP, Firewall configurations.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel (
· A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in hands-on coding in shell scripting, chef, Python language
· Greater than 5 years’ experience and proven track record leading enterprise architecture solutions.
· Greater than 2 years web application architecture including SOA and REST services.
· Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including VPN’s, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls
· Strong knowledge of end-to-end SDLC & infrastructure architecture and virtualization
· TOGAF trained or proven understanding of architecture standards and application to project work.
· Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
· Coaches and mentors team members.
· Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
· Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
· Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
· Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
· Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
· Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.