Atlanta, Cincinnati, Bangalore
India, United States
GE is building teams focused on building world-class application platform services. These teams are composed of highly talented individuals obsessively focused with availability through operational excellence. The ideal individual is relentlessly technical, passionate for automating everything and totally committed to delivering amazing customer experiences.
· Drive development of automated solutions for build and operations of SQL Server databases in Cloud hosting platform.
· Partner with leaders in GE Software Development teams and business IT teams to implement future technology strategy, tools, processes and improvements.
· Quickly respond and resolve critical service outages severely impacting consumers (24x7 if needed for extremely critical services)
· Assist in establishment of database performance baseline, capacity thresholds and define monitoring/alerting criteria
· Assist in building dashboards, bots, micro services to address the database operational issues, measure consumer experience and assess the usability of crucial database services
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, similar STEM degree, or equivalent practical experience
· Minimum 3 years IT experience in enterprise-wide deployments
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE will not sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future for this role.
· Must be willing to work out of the Buckhead office or Cincinnati Ohio or Bangalore
· Hands-on experience in SQL Server Database administration & management in Cloud hosting platforms.
· Experience deploying and managing databases in AWS, RDS and EC2
· AWS Certification preferred (Solution architect or SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer)
· Knowledge of continuous development & continuous integration process and framework for keeping cloud up to date with latest patches, security fixes & releases
· Experience in automation scripting languages like JSON, Chef and knowledge of Cloud formation
· Experience in mission critical IT operations support environments
· Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and external customers
· Experience working in a global organization
· Ability to share knowledge, opinions, contribute and influence in group discussions
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to develop and follow procedures
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience interacting directly with customers
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.