Staff Engineer - Controls Engineering
Description de l'offre
The Staff Engineer will develop propulsion controls technologies to provide substantial improvements in performance, thermal management, power offtake, and PHM. Focus will be on identification and evaluation of advanced concepts, recommendations to our USG customers, maturation of selected technologies, and application to advanced engines. Key outcomes include continued customer funding for maturation and game-changing controls technologies to differentiate our new product offerings.
The Staff Engineer communicates business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the role of Staff Engineer, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
In this role, the Staff Engineer will be Controls focal point for selected technologies and will assist with program planning and reporting. The Staff Engineer will interact with GRC on technology and project development and mentor less experienced Controls personnel. The Staff Engineer will provide direction and assistance to the team in order to meet assigned objectives, participate in the creation and maintenance of the GE technology roadmaps and coordinate efforts with related programs to assure consistency with the roadmap.
In addition, as the Staff Engineer, you will :
· Execute and provide guidance for the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
· Interface with internal and external groups and/or customers to identify and resolve control system integration issues
· Lead technical reviews and participate as a reviewer
· Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization
· Document and communicate results of technical data generated
· Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
· Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
· Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Masters Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 7 years of direct experience in an engineering position
· Bachelor Degree of Science in Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 10 years of direct experience in an engineering position
· Minimum of 3 years being in the capacity of control systems integration (Including Experience with computer-based control systems and real-time software development for control of physical systems)
· This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Citizens. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance
· Existing government security clearance
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to guide / mentor and influence others
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Experience with requirements documentation and analysis
· Experience with development and running of NPSS aerothermal models
· Experience in Digital Signal Processing techniques
· Familiarity with Model Based Design
· Familiarity with the following tools: DOORS, SCADE, Matlab / Simulink & IBM Change / Synergy
· Knowledge of engine systems
· Exposure to fuel and electrical components, sensors, and hardware
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options.Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.